The Judy Center is a partnership between Talbot County Public Schools, community programs, agencies and organizations, as well as private businesses and most importantly families, with the goal of assuring that ALL children enter school with the readiness skills they need to succeed. What happens in the first 5 years of life and the connections that are formed in the brain during that time, have a direct impact on how successful a child will be in school as well as in their adult lives!
The Judy Center is more of a “philosophy” than a place, so our services are located throughout the Easton Elementary School (EES) attendance area. The Judy Center’s Administrative Office is located at EES-Dobson, which also houses our P3 classes, Pre Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs. Choptank Health and Eastern Shore Psychological Services (ESPS) also provide services onsite. In addition Shore Up Head Start and Critchlow Adkins Children’s Center’s “wrap around care” programs are located on the EES campus. Other partners, programs and services are located throughout the Easton community.
The Judy Centers provides high quality, accredited, full day/full year and wrap around childcare services for children 6 weeks through Kindergarten.
- Early Head Start and Head Start
- Home visiting services that focus on health and development
- Library and literacy services as well as free children’s books
- Physical, dental and mental health services
- Play Groups for children birth to age three, family recreational and community activities
- Parent Education/ Parent Support Groups
- Adult Education (ABE/GED/ESL), job training and higher education opportunities
- Joint professional trainings for staff
- Service Coordination for children and families
- Learning Parties and Other Family trainings
Who is eligible?
Any child from birth through Kindergarten that lives within the Easton Elementary School attendance area is considered a “Judy Center” child/family.
Does it cost anything?
Judy Center’s do NOT charge for the services that they directly supply but there may be costs associated with some individual programs. Please contact specific partners or call us at the Judy Center for more information.