The primary purpose of Mid-Shore Intergroup is to be sure help is available when a still-suffering alcoholic requests it. Sometimes a person will call for information, and sometimes they just show up. Like the regular A.A. groups, our primary purpose is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only requirement of membership is the desire to stop drinking. No dues or fees.
Here are some of the things Intergroup does:
- Answer phone or walk-in requests for help
- Distribute up-to-date lists of A. A. meetings
- Stock and sell A. A. literature
- Coordinate efforts between local groups to carry the message
- Provide information on treatment centers, hospitals and halfway houses
- Serve as a vital link between local members and A. A. General Services.