|Talbot County Addictions Program (TCAP)|
|Phone Number||(410) 819-5602|
|Address||100 South Hanson Street, Easton, MD 21601|
|Hours||Monday - Friday: 8am to 5pm|
|Description||The mission of the Talbot County Addictions Program (TCAP) is to provide the finest quality, most caring and complete recovery services to adults and families. We aspire to improve the quality of life for our clients and our community by reducing problems associated with drugs and alcohol.
The Talbot County Addictions Program (TCAP) provides care coordination services and peer recovery support to adults and their families who are experiencing problems with alcohol and/or other drugs. TCAP provides screenings and referrals for addiction services, as well as assistance with the Medicaid and Health Choice insurance application process for those who qualify.
Program Service Eligibility Criteria:
Individuals who are seeking resources for problems related to the use of alcohol and/or other drugs.
TCAP provides the following services to help individuals achieve their goals:
- Screening and referrals to Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health treatment providers and resources.
Care Coordination services to assist individuals with accessing services following residential levels of treatment and for those who need intensive services.
- Peer Recovery Support to assist individuals with education, the development of recovery plans, help with utilizing self-help programs, connections to local support organizations and access to recovery housing.
- Circuit Problem-Solving Court - Provides monitoring for participants in the Circuit Problem-Solving Court Program. The goal is to provide a therapeutic response to substance use rather than a punitive response.
- STOP Grant – Assessment, treatment, case management, and referrals provide in the Talbot County Detention Center through Connections Community Support Programs, Inc.
- Referrals for women with children are available.
- Interpreter services are available.
- TCAP will assist those who are uninsured with obtaining Medicaid or Health Choice and assist with treatment referrals as needed.
- Persons with Medicaid and private insurance are being referred to private providers in the community.
- There are no fees for Peer Recovery Support and Care Coordination services for those who qualify.
Narcan is a drug that reverses an overdose caused by the use of Opioids, including prescription medications and heroin. Talbot County Health Department (TCHD) provides training for individuals and organizations who are interested in administering this lifesaving drug. TCHD provides trainings the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30PM at the Health Department building at 100 S. Hanson St. in Easton. You will receive the nasal form of Narcan after the training. Call 410-819-5600 to register or for more information about the program.
Eastern Shore Crisis Response1-888-407-8018