- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
March 11, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID TRAINING
Offered by Maryland Coalition of Families in partnership with Mental Health Association in Talbot County
March 11, 2016 from 8:30am-5:00pm
Pizza will be provided for lunch
Location: Kent County Library, Yellow Building, 207 Calvert St., Chestertown, MD 21620
About Youth Mental Health First Aid:
- Evidence-based training that teaches the signs and symptoms of mental health disorders.
- Provides individuals with tools to respond to a mental health emergency until professional help arrives.
- Provides action steps to take in order to help a young person ages 12-17 experiencing the early signs of a mental health disorder.
- Designed for parents, teachers and caregivers of that age group.
- COURSE OFFERED FREE OF CHARGE
With support from the Leonard and Helen R. Stulman Foundation
All participants will be certified in Youth Mental Health First Aid and receive a certificate of completion valid for 3 years
8 CEU’s available for social work, psychology, counseling (for a fee of $30) and nursing CEU’s are free
To register for this course contact Danielle Murphy with Mental Health Association in Talbot County at 410-822-0444 or email email@example.com